Sardinia 1852(g) P 20 lire
"20 Lire 1852. Genua. Gutes sehr schön. (kingdom of Sardinia, twenty lire of 1852, Genoa mint. Good very fine.)"This type was struck at the Turin and Genoa mints 1850-61 during the reign of Victorio Emanuele II of Italy, while he was merely King of Sardinia (1849-60). It is struck to the same standard as the contemporary French twenty francs. It is, however, reasonably common.
Recorded mintage: 102,899.
Specification: 6.45 g, .900 fine gold, .186 troy oz AGW, this specimen 6.43 g.
Catalog reference: Pag. 341. Schl. 294. Fr-1147. KM C-126.1.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, & Banknotes: Auction 18, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2014.