Reuss 1875-B 20 mark
"Reuss, Ältere Linie (-Greiz), Fürstentum Heinrich XXII. 1859-1902. 20 Mark 1875, Hannover. Äusserst selten. Sehr schön. (Principality of Reuss, older line, Henry XXII, 1859-1902, twenty mark of 1875, Hannover mint. Extremely rare, very fine.)"
The Principality of Reuss survived the grand merger of German states in 1871 but was dissolved on the founding of the Weimar Republic in 1918. Its issues were few and expensive today. Reuss was subdivided several times but only Reuss-Greiz survived into the empire.
Recorded mintage: 1,510.
Specification: 7.965 g, .900 fine gold, .2304 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: J. 254. KM 125. Fr. 3836.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- SINCONA AG, Munzen, Medaillen & Banknoten Auktion 1, Zurich, 2011.
- 1875-C pfennig
- 1875-F pfennig
- 1875-B 2 pfennig
- 1875-E 5 pfennig
- 1875-A 10 pfennig
- 1875-H 50 pfennig
- 1875-B mark
- 1875-C mark
- Anhalt 1875-A 20 mark
- Bavaria 1875-D 5 mark
- Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel 1875-A 20 mark
- Hamburg 1875-J 5 mark
- Hamburg 1875-J 10 mark
- Prussia 1875-A 20 mark
- Saxony 1875-E 10 mark
- Wurttemberg 1875-F 5 mark
- Reuss-Schleiz 1881-A 20 mark
- Bavaria 1895 D 20 mark
- Coins and currency dated 1875
- return to coins of German States, Reuss