Mexico 1905-Mo M peso
This specimen is a common date of a series struck 1869-1905 at the Mexico City mint. Mexico City is the commonest mint, followed by Guanajuato, Culiacan, Zacatecas (scarce), Hermosillo (rare), Alamos (rare) and Chihuahua (rare). Even the common dates have low mintages but the type was widely hoarded, making it reasonably available today. Numerous date varieties exist.
Recorded mintage: 3,429.
Specification: 1.69 g, .875 fine gold, .047 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 410.5.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- 1904-Cn gold peso
- Mexico 1905-C centavo Republica Mexicana
- Mexico 1905-M centavo Estados Unidos
- 1905 2 centavos
- 1905-MO M 5 centavos
- 1905 10 centavos
- 1905 20 centavos
- 1905-MO 20 centavos
- 1905-ZS 20 centavos
- 1905 50 centavos
- 1905-MO silver peso
- 1905-ZS silver peso
- 1905 5 pesos
- 1905-MO 20 pesos
- Coins and currency dated 1905
- return to Decimal coinage of the Republic of Mexico, 1863-1905
- On the Gold Pesos of Mexico