Mexico 1810-Mo HJ 8 escudos
This specimen was lot 25131 in Heritage sale 3024 (Chicago, April 2013), where it sold for $1,880. The catalog description noted, "Ferdinand VII gold 8 Escudos 1810-HJ, AU50 NGC, armored bust, an attractive coin with abundant luster in the legends." This type with the imaginary bust was struck 1808-12; the succeeding type with the "standard bust" of Ferdinand VII is much scarcer even tho it was struck over a longer span of years.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 27.07 g, .875 fine gold, .762 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-47, KM 160.
- Cayón, Adolfo, Clemente Cayón and Juan Cayón, Las Monedas Españolas, del Tremis al Euro: del 411 a Nuestros Dias, vol. 1, Madrid: Cayón-Jano S.L., 2005.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Krause, Chester L, and Clifford Mishler, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 3rd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1996.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3024, featuring the Kairos and Elizabeth McPhall Charters Collections, Dallas: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.
- 1809 8 escudos
- Chile 1810-So FJ 8 escudos
- 1810 ½ real
- 1810 2 reales
- 1810 4 reales
- Mexico 1810-Mo HJ 8 reales
- Mexico 1810-Mo TH 8 reales
- Mexico (1810)-Ca 8 reales
- Zacatecas "LVO" 1810 8 reales
- Mexico 1810-Mo HJ 4 escudos
- Peru 1810-L JP 8 escudos
- 1811 8 escudos
- Coins and currency dated 1810
- return to Mexican colonial coinage, 1536-1822