Lubeck 1908-A 3 mark
This specimen was lot 22613 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $528. The catalog description noted, "GERMANY. Lubeck. 3 Mark, 1908-A. NGC MS-67. Luster radiates beneath an attractive sheath of tone and no marks of significance are visible over the surfaces. An exceptional survivor!" This type was struck 1908-14. It is not rare but is still triple the price of a common Wurttemberg three mark.
Recorded mintage: 33,334.
Specification: 16.67 g, .900 fine silver, .479 troy oz ASW, 33 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-215; J-82, Dav-477.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns and Talers, Since 1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2018 Philadelphia ANA Auction: World Coins and Selections from the El Dorado Collection of Colombian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 1908-D ½ mark
- 1908-D mark
- Hamburg 1908-J 10 mark
- Prussia 1908-A 2 mark
- 1908 5 mark
- Prussia 1908-A 20 mark
- Saxe-Meiningen 1908-D 3 mark
- Saxe-Meiningen 1908-D 5 mark Dav-841
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1908 2 mark Jena University
- 1909 3 mark
- 1910 3 mark
- 1909 10 mark
- Coins and currency dated 1908
- return to coins of German States, Lubeck