Hannover 1714 1/4 thaler
This specimen was lot 22366 in Stack's Bowers ANA Auction (Denver, CO, August 2017), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "GERMANY. Brunswick-Luneburg-Calenberg-Hannover. 1/4 Taler, 1714. Sophia of Hanover, Wife of Ernst August. PCGS AU-53 Secure Holder. On her death. Light silver grey tone and uniformly attractive on both sides." This commemorative is accompanied by eighth (KM 93), half (KM 96) and single thalers (Dav-2060). It is the first quarter thaler since 1707 and the last until 1718.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: KM-94; Welter-2060.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2017 Denver ANA Auction: Ancients, Selections from The Richard Stuart Collection & World Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- 1703-HB quarter thaler
- 1714 ⅛ thaler, death of the elector's mother
- 1714 ⅓ thaler
- 1714 half thaler, death of the elector's mother
- 1714 thaler, death of the elector's mother
- 1714 "leaping stallion" thaler
- 1714 "St. Andrew" thaler
- Coins and currency dated 1714
- return to coins of German States, Brunswick-Luneburg