Great Britain 2012 50 pence
This fifty pence is part of a new design series introduced in 2010. In a break with conventional coin design, the reverse design (the arms of Great Britain) are spread over all the denominations (one penny thru fifty pence) rather than each coin receiving its own reverse. The portrait of the queen remained unaltered.
Recorded mintage: unknown but common. This type was also struck in silver and gold for sale to collectors.
Specification: 8 g, copper-nickel, 27.3 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-1112.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 13th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2018.
- 2010 2 pounds
- 2012 penny
- 2012 2 pence
- 2012 5 pence
- 2012 20 pence
- 2012 5 pounds, countdown to the London Olympics
- 2012 5 pounds, 60th anniversary of reign
- 2012 10 pounds, London Olympic Games
- 2012 500 pounds, London Olympics
- 2013 10 pence
- Coins and currency dated 2012
- return to coins of Great Britain