Great Britain 2004 5 pounds KM-1055
This specimen was lot 40388 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2019), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. 5 Pounds, 2004. NGC PROOF-69 ULTRA CAMEO. Struck for the 100th Anniversary of the "Entente Cordiale", an agreement signed in 1904 between Britain and France over North African concerns, from a mintage of only 926 pieces. Superbly produced and preserved with an exceptional cameo appearance." The catalog listing, specification and mintages reported below are complicated by the multiple formats of issue.
Recorded mintage: copper-nickel: 1,205,594 + 51,527 proofs; silver: 11,295; gold: 926; platinum: 501.
Specification: 39.94 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: gold: Fr-472; S-4558; KM-1055b. copper-nickel: KM 1055; silver: KM 1055a; platinum: KM 1055c.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 13th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2018.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, Matt Orsini and Cris Chatigny, The January 2019 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 2003 2 pounds, 50th Anniversary of the Discovery of DNA
- 2003 5 pounds, queen Elizabeth golden jubilee
- 2004 2 pounds, bicentennial of Trevithick's locomotive
- 2005 5 pounds, Battle of Trafalgar
- 2005 5 pounds, bicentennial of the death of Horatio Nelson
- Coins and currency dated 2004
- return to coins of Great Britain