Great Britain 1822 farthing
This specimen was lot 4837 in Goldberg sale 69 (Los Angeles, May, 2012), where it sold for $184. The catalog description  noted, "Great Britain. Farthing, 1822. George IV. Laureate head left. Trace of mint red. NGC graded MS-66 Brown. The Judy Cahn Collection." This type was struck 1821-26 and is fairly common. It is the first issue of farthings since 1806.
Recorded mintage: 5,924,000 plus a few proofs.
Catalog reference: S.3822; KM-677.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Stephen Harvey and Paul Rynearson, Goldberg sale 69: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Ancient and World Coins, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2012.