Great Britain 1712 guinea
This specimen was lot 24891 in Heritage sale 3015 (Long Beach, September 2011), where it sold for $1,265. The catalog description noted, "Anne gold Guinea 1712, 3rd Bust, XF40 NGC, even wear, no heavy marks." This type was struck 1710-14 but normally comes heavily worn.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 8.35 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: S3574, KM 534, Fr-320.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3015, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2011.