Great Britain 1711 1/2 guinea
This specimen was lot 33982 in Heritage sale 3082 (New York, January 2020), where it sold for $3,362.40. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain: Anne gold 1/2 Guinea 1711 AU58 NGC. Lightly scratched fields and minor rub to the high points in line with the grade - an otherwise sharp specimen with hints of orange tone in the peripheries." This type was struck 1707-14 but normally comes heavily worn.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 4.175 g, 0.917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: KM 527, S-3575.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and Sam Spiegel, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Online Auction 3082, featuring the Caranett Collection, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.