Great Britain 1710 1/2 guinea
This specimen was lot 24853 in Heritage sale 3026 (Long Beach, October 2013), where it sold for $3,290. The catalog description noted, "Anne gold Half Guinea 1710, MS62 NGC, satiny luster and very sharply detailed in the queen's hair. Scarce in any presentable condition. Nicer than most." This type was struck 1707-14 but normally comes heavily worn.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 4.17 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: S-3575, KM 527.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and Scott Cordry, Heritage Signature Auction 3026, World & Ancient Coins, featuring the RLM Collection, Part Two, the Nogales Collection and the Goetz Medals Die Archive, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.