Germany 1876-A 50 pfennig
This coin is a silver fifty pfennig from a type issued 1875-77 from the Berlin (mintmark "A") mint. Under the German Empire of 1871-1918, the denominations of two mark and up were permitted for the formerly independent principalities while the lower denominations (one pfennig thru one mark) were minted to a unified design. This is a slightly better type.
Recorded mintage: 34,475,394 (highest mintage date).
Specification: 2.77 g, .900 fine silver, .080 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: KM-6.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- 1875-H 50 pfennig
- 1876-J mark
- Germany (Bavaria) 1876-D 5 mark
- Germany (Bavaria) 1876-D 20 mark
- Germany (Hamburg) 1876-J 2 mark
- Germany (Hesse) 1876-H 5 mark
- Germany (Prussia) 1876-A 5 mark
- Germany (Prussia) 1876-B 5 mark
- Germany (Saxony) 1876-E 5 mark
- Germany (Wurttemberg) 1876-F 20 mark
- Germany 1877-B 50 pfennig
- return to coins of Germany, Empire (1871-1918)
- Coins and currency dated 1876