China 1986 100 yuan KM-135
This specimen was lot 22382 in Stack's Bowers 2018 NYINC sale (New York, January 2018), where it sold for $1,320. The catalog description noted, "CHINA. 100 Yuan, 1986. Panda Series. NGC MS-68. Free of tone, haze or fog." This NCLT was the fourth one ounce panda, the series having begun in 1983. Subsequent programs added silver and platinum pandas in varying sizes from one gram up to 4.85 kilo. This 100 yuan is accompanied by five yuan (KM 131), 10 yuan (KM 132), 25 yuan (KM 133) and 50 yuan (KM 134). Proofs should be marked with a "P".
Recorded mintage: 107,124 plus 10,000 mintmarked "P".
Specification: 31.13 g, .999 fine gold, 1 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-B4; KM-135; PAN-30a.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Anthony, Peter, Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyers Guide, 3rd Ed., Los Angeles, 2017.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, John Kraljevich and Cris Chatigny, The January 2018 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Eldorado Collection of Colombian and Ecuadorian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- China 1986 5 yuan KM-150 panda, World Wildlife Fund
- China 1986 10 yuan KM-137 Year of the Tiger
- 1986 5 yuan, 1/20 oz gold panda
- 1986 10 yuan, 1/10 oz gold panda
- 1986 25 yuan, ¼ oz gold panda
- 1986 50 yuan, ½ oz gold panda
- 1986 100 yuan, Year of Peace
- 1986 100 yuan, wild yak
- 1986 100 yuan, Liu Bang
- 1987-Y 100 yuan, 1 oz gold panda
- Coins and currency dated 1986
- return to coins of China