Australia 2008 2 dollars
In 1966, Australia abandoned the sterling coinage she had used since the days of Captain Cook and adopted the decimal dollar and cent. This bust of the queen was introduced in 1999 and still appears on the two dollar coin. This is the regular issue, altho this denomination is occasionally used for commemoratives.
Recorded mintage: 46,956,000 plus proofs.
Specification: 6.60 g, aluminum bronze, 20.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 406.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 13th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2018.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- 1999 2 dollars
- 2008 10 cents
- 2008 50 cents
- 2008 dollar
- 2008-P 15 dollars, koala, 1/10 oz gold
- 2008 50 dollars, Black-Anther Flax-Lily, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Native Frangipani, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Geraldton Wax, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Red Flowered Kurrajong, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Small Leaf Lillypilly, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 100 dollars, Year of the Rat, 1 oz gold
- 2009 2 dollars
- Coins and currency dated 2008
- return to coins of Australia