Australia 2008 10 cents
In 1966, Australia abandoned the sterling coinage she had used since the days of Captain Cook and adopted the decimal dollar and cent. This ten cent coin was introduced in 1966. The reverse is still in use altho a new bust of the queen was used in 1985 and revised again in 1998. Coinage production, formerly divided among the Sydney, Perth and Melbourne mints, is now concentrated at the Canberra Mint. The Perth mint manufactures and markets commemoratives.
Recorded mintage: 136,037,500 plus proofs plus 3,600 in silver.
Specification: 5.65 g, copper-nickel, 23.6 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 402.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- 2006 10 cents
- 2008 50 cents
- 2008 dollar
- 2008 2 dollars
- 2008-P 15 dollars, koala, 1/10 oz gold
- 2008 50 dollars, Black-Anther Flax-Lily, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Native Frangipani, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Geraldton Wax, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Red Flowered Kurrajong, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 50 dollars, Small Leaf Lillypilly, Discover Australia, ½ oz platinum
- 2008 100 dollars, Year of the Rat, 1 oz gold
- 2012 10 cents
- Coins and currency dated 2008
- return to coins of Australia