Anhalt 1875-A 20 mark
"DEUTSCHLAND Kaiserreich, Anhalt, Herzogtum. Friedrich I. 1871-1904. 20 Mark 1875. Kl. Kr. Fast vorzüglich-vorzüglich." (German Empire, duchy of Anhalt, Frederick I, 1871-1904, 20 mark of 1875. Extremely fine).This type was struck 1875 only and is rare. It is listed in the SCWC under "Anhalt-Dessau" but as the other branches of Anhalt, Anhalt-Bernberg and Anhalt-Cothen, had gone extinct by 1863, the title on the coin is simply "HERZOG V. ANHALT."
Recorded mintage: 25,000.
Specification: 7.96 g, .900 fine gold, .230 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: J. 17, KM 21, Fr-3748.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- UBS Gold & Numismatics, Auction 84: Gold and Silver Coins, Basel, 2009.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Anhalt-Bernburg 1862-A thaler
- Prussia 1872-A 10 mark
- 1875-C pfennig
- 1875-F pfennig
- Germany 1875-B 2 pfennig
- Germany 1875-E 5 pfennig
- Germany 1875-A 10 pfennig
- Germany 1875-H 50 pfennig
- 1875-B mark
- 1875-C mark
- Prussia 1875-A 20 mark
- Mecklenburg-Schwerin 1872-A 20 mark
- 1876 2 mark
- Wurttemberg 1876-F 20 mark
- Hamburg 1877-J 5 mark
- Bavaria 1895 D 20 mark
- 1896 20 mark
- Coins and currency dated 1875
- return to coins of German States, Anhalt-Dessau