Prussia 1908-A 2 mark
This specimen was lot 22389 in Stack's Bowers ANA Auction (Denver, CO, August 2017), where it sold for $376. The catalog description noted, "GERMANY. Prussia. 2 Mark, 1908-A. NGC PROOF-64 CAMEO. Hard mirror fields with frosted cameo devices. Blast white with great eye appeal." This type was struck 1891-1912 and is common tho not so common as the commemorative KM-532.
Recorded mintage: 2,388,550.
Specification: 11.11 g, .900 fine silver, .321 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM-522.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2017 Denver ANA Auction: Ancients, Selections from The Richard Stuart Collection & World Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017
- 1907 2 mark
- 1901 5 mark
- Lippe-Detmold 1906-A 2 mark
- 1908-D ½ mark
- 1908-D mark
- Baden 1908-G 5 mark
- Bavaria 1908-D 5 mark
- Hamburg 1908-J 10 mark
- Lubeck 1908-A 3 mark
- Saxe-Meiningen 1908-D 3 mark
- Saxe-Meiningen 1908-D 5 mark Dav-841
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1908 2 mark Jena University
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1908-A 5 mark Jena University
- Saxony 1908-E 5 mark
- Bavaria 1911-D 2 mark
- 1908 5 mark
- 1908 20 mark
- 1913 2 mark, defeat of Napoleon
- Coins and currency dated 1908
- return to coins of German States, Prussia