Naples and Sicily 1845 3 ducati Fr-869
Revision as of 11:58, 28 December 2020 by Meontko (Text replacement - "Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, ''Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed.,'' Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003" to "Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, ''Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed.,'' Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017")
"ITALIE, NAPLES et SICILE, Ferdinand II (1830-1859), AV 3 ducati, 1845. 5e type. Rare Fines griffes. Très Beau à Superbe. (kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Ferdinand II, 1830-59, gold three ducati of 1845, fifth type. Rare, fine scratches, Very Fine - Extremely Fine.)"This type was issued 1842 and 1845-48 for Ferdinand II. These gold coins were issued intermittently until 1856 and all are scarce. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was annexed to Italy in 1860 but remains poor, backward and corrupt.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 3.78 g, .996 fine gold, 18.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 353, P. & R. 46; Fr-869.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Fabrizi, Davide, Monete Italiane Regionale: Napoli, Pavia: Edizioni Numismatica Varesi, 2010.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Elsen, Philippe, et al., Vente Publique 140, Brussels: Jean Elsen et ses Fils, S.A., 2019.