Great Britain 1853 farthing
This specimen was lot 22943 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2018), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Farthing, 1853/2. NGC EF-40 BN. Good strike with nice even brown surfaces. From the Brighton Collection." This farthing was struck 1838-60 and most dates are readily available in circulated condition tho this one is somewhat scarce.
Recorded mintage: 1,028,000, a somewhat scarce date.
Specification: 4.4 g, copper.
Catalog reference: S-3950; KM-725.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, John Kraljevich and Cris Chatigny, The January 2018 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Eldorado Collection of Colombian and Ecuadorian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Freeman, Michael J., The Bronze Coinage of Great Britain, Rev. Ed., London: Spink & Son, 2006.
- Peck, C. Wilson, English Copper, Tin and Bronze Coins in the British Museum, 1558-1958, 2nd Ed., London: Oxford University Press, 1970.
- 1852 farthing
- 1853 half farthing
- 1853 half penny
- 1853 penny
- 1853 Maundy penny
- 1853 Maundy tuppence
- 1853 Maundy threepence
- 1853 groat, Britannia reverse
- 1853 Maundy groat
- 1853 sixpence
- 1853 shilling
- 1853 florin
- 1853 half crown proof
- 1853 crown proof
- 1853 half sovereign
- 1853 sovereign
- 1857 farthing
- Coins and currency dated 1853