Great Britain 1821 farthing
This specimen was lot 1502 in Goldberg sale 116 (Los Angeles, June 2020), where it sold for $144. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain. Farthing, 1821. George IV. Obverse; Pistruccis portrait of king. Reverse; Britannia. Choice mint state with electric blue tone. PCGS graded MS-65 Brown." This type was struck 1821-26. It was the first farthing struck since the reform of 1817.
Recorded mintage: 2,688,000 + proofs.
Catalog reference: S.3822; KM-677.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 115: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2020.