Baden 1915-G 3 mark
Revision as of 13:05, 31 May 2020 by Meontko (added Davenport number)
"Baden, Grossherzogtum, Friedrich II. 1907-1918 3 Mark 1915. Karlsruhe. Fast vorzüglich-vorzüglich. (grand duchy of Baden, Frederick II (1907-18), three mark of 1915, Karlsruhe mint, extremely fine.)"This three mark of 1908-15 is accompanied by a silver two mark and five mark (Dav-538). This date is the last issue from this state. The last grand duke, Friedrich II, abdicated in the maelstrom of the collapse of the Wilhelmine regime in 1918.
Recorded mintage: 169,533 plus a few proofs (a better date).
Specification: 16.66 g, .900 fine silver, 33 mm diameter, this specimen 16.64 g.
Catalog reference: Dav-466, J. 39. KM 280.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- Richter, Jürg, Ruedi Kunzmann and Arne Kirsch, Numismatic Coins & Medals, Auction 23, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2015.
- 1915-F mark
- 1915-G mark
- Baden 1913-G 5 mark Dav-538
- Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel 1915-A 3 mark, without Luneburg
- Mecklenburg-Schwerin 1915-A 3 mark
- Prussia 1915-A 3 mark, Mansfeld centennial
- Saxe-Meiningen 1915 3 mark
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1915-A 3 mark centennial of the grand duchy
- Coins and currency dated 1915
- return to coins of German States, Baden-Durlach