Utrecht 1762 silver ducat Dav-1845
This specimen was lot 30219 in Heritage sale 3029 (New York, January 2014), where it sold for $5,581.25. The catalog description noted, "Utrecht. Provincial silver Ducat (48 Stuiver) 1762, MS64 NGC. A prolific type, but the present specimen is certainly among the finest survivors from it, as limited evidence of surface contact is noticed and the design has been executed to impressive fullness. Most pleasing however might be the patina, as a mixture of vivid rainbow colors swirls around the surfaces and adds to the semi-prooflike luster already exhibited within the fields. For one who collects by type, this is a lot that certainly can't be overlooked." This type was struck throughout the eighteenth century until 1794. The Utrecht mint is still in operation, striking euros.
Recorded mintage: 1,111,000 for 1761-62.
Specification: 28.25 g, .873 fine silver, .793 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: KM 93.1, Dav-1845.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns, 1700-1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Delmonte, A., Le Bénélux D'or, Amsterdam: Jacques Schulman N.V., 1964, with supplements to 1977.
- van der Wis, Jan, and Tom Passon, Catalogus van de Nederlandse Munten geslagen sind bet aantreden van Philips II tot aan het einde van de Bataafse Republiek (1555-1806), 2nd ed., Apeldoorn, Netherlands: Omni-Trading b.v., 2009.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Stuart Levine and Bruce Lorich, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3029, featuring Selections from the Eric P. Newman Collection, Part III, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.
- 1757 silver ducat
- 1761 gold ducat
- Gelderland 1762 gulden
- Gelderland 1762 7 gulden Fr-243
- Zeeland 1762 1/8 daalder
- 1762 half ducat
- 1762 half ducaton
- Utrecht 1763 gulden
- Overijssel 1764 silver ducat Dav-1842
- Zeeland 1771 silver ducat Dav-1848
- 1774 double silver ducat
- 1790 silver ducat
- Coins and currency dated 1762
- return to coins of Netherlands, Utrecht