Tenancingo 1915 5 centavos
This specimen was lot 2403 in Goldberg sale 93 (Los Angeles, September 2016), where it sold for $188. The catalog description noted, "Mexico: Mexico State (Estado De). 5 Centavos, 1915 NGC AU58 BR. Tenancingo, Town. Revolutionary coinage. The finest and only example graded by NGC for the type. NGC graded AU-58 Brown." This type, accompanied by copper two, ten and twenty centavos, is common but normally comes wretched. A variety with the "¢" filled in exists but is scarce.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Catalog reference: KM-689.1.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Utberg, Neil S., The Coins of Mexico, 1536-1963, San Antonio, TX, 1963.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 93: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2016.
- Amecameca (1915) 5 centavos
- Jalisco 1915 5 centavos
- Toluca 1915 5 centavos stamped on cardboard
- Toluca (1915) 20 centavos
- Campo Morado 1915-CM 5 centavos
- Madero Brigade 1915 20 centavos KM-757
- Guerrero 1915-GRO 2 pesos
- Ejercito del Norte 1915 peso
- Taxco 1915 peso KM-674
- Suriana 1915 2 pesos
- Tenancingo 1916 10 centavos
- Coins and currency dated 1915
- return to Coinage of the Mexican Revolution