Singapore 1990 10 dollars Fr-27
This specimen was part of lot 21475 in Stack's Bowers ANA Auction (Denver, CO, August 2017), which sold for $2,350. The catalog description noted, "SINGAPORE. Five Piece Proof Set, 1990. Fr-B10/B14. Includes an example of the gold 100, 50, 25, 10, & 5 Dollars. From a mintage of 2,000 pieces. Accompanied by a certificate of authenticity numbered 349 and includes the wooden case of issue. The 25 and 5 Dollar pieces have received the ultimate grades from NGC." This specimen was issued by Singapore as part of a series of gold bullion issues. The series ended in 1995. Singapore, today an independent city-state, was until 1948 part of the British colony of the Straits Settlements. It left the Federation of Malaysia in 1965 and commenced coinage in 1967.
Recorded mintage: 5,000 plus 2,000 proofs.
Specification: 3.11 g, .999 fine gold, 17.95 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 80, Fr-27, KM-PS27 (set).
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2017 Denver ANA Auction: Ancients, Selections from The Richard Stuart Collection & World Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- 1990 5 dollars
- 1990 10 dollars, 25th anniversary of independence
- 1990 100 dollars
- 1990 25 dollars
- 1990 50 dollars
- 1990 250 dollars, 25th anniversary of independence
- 1990 500 dollars, year of the horse
- 1990 500 dollars, 25th anniversary of independence
- Coins and currency dated 1990
- return to coins of Singapore