Saxony 1908-E 5 mark
This specimen was lot 22728 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $264. The catalog description noted, "GERMANY. Saxony. 5 Mark, 1908-E. Muldenhutten Mint. PCGS MS-63 Secure Holder. Very sharply struck with semi-reflective luster in the fields." This five mark piece was issued from the Muldenhutten mint in 1907, 1908 and 1914. This type is the most available five mark of Saxony but is less often seen than the five mark of Prussia, Bavaria or Wurttemberg.
Recorded mintage: 317,301.
Specification: 27.78 g, .900 fine silver, 38 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM-1266, Dav-905.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2018 Philadelphia ANA Auction: World Coins and Selections from the El Dorado Collection of Colombian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 1907 5 mark
- 1908-D ½ mark
- 1908-D mark
- Baden 1908-G 5 mark
- Bavaria 1908-D 5 mark
- Hamburg 1908-J 10 mark
- Lubeck 1908-A 3 mark
- Prussia 1908-A 2 mark
- Prussia 1908-A 5 mark Dav-789
- Prussia 1908-A 20 mark
- Saxe-Meiningen 1908-D 3 mark
- Saxe-Meiningen 1908-D 5 mark Dav-841
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1908 2 mark Jena University
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach 1908-A 5 mark Jena University
- 1909 5 mark
- 1914 5 mark
- Coins and currency dated 1908
- return to coins of German States, Saxony