Sardinia 1855(g) P 20 lire
"ITALY | House of Savoy / Sardinia, Vittorio Emanuele II, 1849-1861 20 Lire 1855. Genua. Gutes sehr schön. (kingdom of Sardinia, Victor Emanuel II, 1849-61, twenty lire of 1855, Genoa mint. Good very fine.)"This type was struck at the Turin and Genoa mints 1850-61 during the reign of Victorio Emanuele II of Italy, while he was merely King of Sardinia (1849-61). It is struck to the same standard as the contemporary French twenty francs. It is, however, reasonably common.
Recorded mintage: 148,235.
Specification: 6.45 grams, .900 fine gold, .186 troy oz AGW, this specimen 6.45 g.
Catalog reference: KM 131.2; Pagani 346. Schl. 297. Fr-1147; Mont-14.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Richter, Jürg, Sincona sale 43, Gold and Silver Coins and Medals, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2017.