Russia 1828-SP NG ruble Dav-282
"Russland, Nikolaus I. 1825-1855. Rubel 1828, St. Petersburg, HT. NGC AU DETAILS (SURFACE HAIRLINES). (Russia, Nicholas I, 1825-55, ruble of 1828, St. Petersburg mint. About uncirculated.)"This type was struck 1826-31 in reasonable quantities but is today very rare in nice condition. The preceding type (Dav-281) is very similar but with a "wings up" eagle.
Recorded mintage: 2,530,000 plus proofs.
Specification: 20.73 g, .868 fine silver.
Catalog reference: Bitkin 106, KM C161, Dav-282.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns and Talers, Since 1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Bitkin, Vladimir, Composite Catalogue of Russian Coins, Part II (1740-1917), Kiev: Moneta, 2003.
- Harris, Robert P., Guidebook of Russian Coins, 1725 to 1970, Santa Cruz, CA: Bonanza Press, 1971.
- Richter, Jürg, Auction 47, World Coins and Medals, Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2018.