Russia 1769-KM 2 kopeks
This specimen was lot 351 in Sincona sale 19 (Zurich, October 2014), where it sold for CHF 50 (about US$63 including buyer's fees). The catalog description noted, "2 Kopecks 1769, Suzun Mint, KM. About very fine." This type was struck 1764-80 for circulation in Siberia and is today common.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 13.1 g, copper, this specimen 12.79 g.
Catalog reference: KM C-4 (listed under Siberia); Bitkin 1102. GM 11.3.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Bitkin, Vladimir, Composite Catalogue of Russian Coins, Part II (1740-1917), Kiev: Moneta, 2003.
- Brekke, B. F., The Copper Coinage of Imperial Russia, 1700-1917, New York, Galerie des Monnaies, 1977, with 1987 supplement.
- Harris, Robert P., Guidebook of Russian Coins, 1725 to 1970, Santa Cruz, CA: Bonanza Press, 1971.
- Shiryakov, I. V., and Jürg Richter, The Sincona Collection, Part 3 and Russian Coins & Medals from Other Properties, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2014.