Russia 1767-SP 5 rubles Fr-130a
This specimen was lot 25558 in Heritage sale 3026 (Long Beach, October 2013), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "Catherina II gold 5 Roubles 1767 СПБ, Crowned bust right / Cross of four crowned shields, with date in the angles, XF Details, lightly cleaned with a small obverse hairline scratch. Well struck for the issue." This five rubles, tho less rare than those of Elizabeth, is still plenty expensive. It is listed for 1766-77.
Recorded mintage: 90,000.
Specification: 6.54 g, .917 fine gold, .192 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-130a; Bit 62 (R), KM C78a.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Bitkin, Vladimir, Composite Catalogue of Russian Coins, Part II (1740-1917), Kiev: Moneta, 2003.
- Harris, Robert P., Guidebook of Russian Coins, 1725 to 1970, Santa Cruz, CA: Bonanza Press, 1971.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and Scott Cordry, Heritage Signature Auction 3026, World & Ancient Coins, featuring the RLM Collection, Part Two, the Nogales Collection and the Goetz Medals Die Archive, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2013.