Prussia 1913-A 5 mark Dav-791
This specimen was lot 5612 in Goldberg sale 72 (Los Angeles, February 2013), where it sold for $414. The catalog description noted, "German States - Prussia. 5 Marks, 1913-A. Wilhelm II. Light contact marks and hairlines, brilliant mirror surfaces. NGC graded Proof 61." This type was struck 1913-14 and must have been hoarded during World War One as it is quite a bit more available than the regular bust issue which ended in 1908.
Recorded mintage: 1,961,712 plus proofs.
Specification: 27.77 g, .900 fine silver, .803 troy oz ASW, 38 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: Dav-791; KM-536.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Ira and Larry Goldberg, Goldberg sale 72: The Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles, CA: Goldberg Coins & Collectibles, 2013.
- 1908-A 5 mark
- Germany 1913-F 5 pfennig
- Germany 1913-D 5 pfennig
- 1913 2 mark, defeat of Napoleon
- 1913 2 mark, 25th anniversary of reign
- 1913 3 mark, defeat of Napoleon
- 1913 3 mark, 25th anniversary of reign
- Hamburg 1913-J 5 mark
- 1915 3 mark Mansfeld
- Coins and currency dated 1913
- return to coins of German States, Prussia