Prussia 1909-A 3 mark
This specimen was lot 33898 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beach, CA, September 2019), where it sold for $384. The catalog description noted, "German States: Prussia. Wilhelm II Proof 3 Mark 1909-A PR65 Cameo NGC, Berlin mint. Subtly toned in sunset color on the obverse, the reverse highly flashy. A true gem of the type." This type was struck 1908-12 and is common.
Recorded mintage: 6,343,745.
Specification: 16.67 g, .900 fine silver, .479 troy oz ASW, 33 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 527, Dav-480.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Craig, William D., Germanic Coinages: Charlemagne through Wilhelm II, Mountain View, CA: 1954.
- Davenport, John S., European Crowns and Talers, Since 1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1964.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3076, featuring the Allen Moretti Swiss Collection and the James Mossman Collection of Canadian Coinage, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.
- 1908 5 mark
- Germany 1909-A mark
- Anhalt 1909-A 3 mark
- Lubeck 1909-A 3 mark
- Reuss-Obergreiz 1909-A 3 mark
- Saxony 1909-E 3 mark
- Schwarzburg-Sondershausen 1909-A 3 mark
- 1909 10 mark
- 1909-A 20 mark
- 1909-J 20 mark
- 1910 3 mark, centennial of Berlin University
- 1911 3 mark, 100th anniversary of the University of Breslau
- Coins and currency dated 1909