Prussia 1750-A thaler Dav-2582
"PREUSSEN, KÖNIGREICH Friedrich II. der Große, 1740-1786. Reichstaler preuß. 1750, A, Berlin. Vorzüglich. Exemplar der Slg. Bernhard Terletzki. (kingdom of Prussia, Frederick II (the Great), 1740-86, thaler of 1750, Berlin mint. Extremely fine.)"This type, issued from Breslau and Berlin 1750-52, is the second thaler issued by Frederick the Great after the very rare type of 1741 (Dav-2581). Despite the bold label, "EIN REICHS THALER," it was not, being reduced in weight and fineness.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 22.72 g, .750 fine silver.
Catalog reference: Dav-2582, Old. 9 c 2; Kluge 56.2, KM-255.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Davenport, John S., German Talers, 1700-1800, 2nd Ed., London: Spink & Son, 1965.
- Ponterio, Richard, The January 2015 NYINC Auction: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Featuring the John W. Adams and Ray Czabor Collections, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2014.
- 1741 thaler, large cross
- 1741 thaler, small cross
- 1741-EGN ducat
- 1750-B thaler
- 1750-A halb friedrichs d'or, bare bust
- 1750-A friedrichs d'or, bare bust
- 1750-A friedrichs d'or, uniformed bust
- 1750-B friedrichs d'or, uniformed bust
- 1750-A doppelter friedrichs d'or, uniformed bust
- 1751-A thaler
- 1751-B thaler
- Coins and currency dated 1750
- return to coins of German States, Prussia