Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-228
This specimen was lot 24686 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2018), where it sold for $600. The catalog description noted, "POLAND. 200 Zlotych, 2008-MW. NGC PROOF-69 ULTRA CAMEO. 90th Anniversary of Regaining Independence. Hard mirror fields with frosted cameo devices. Brilliant and attractive." Poland obtained her freedom in the early 1990's with the fall of the Berlin Wall but the new government found the treasury as empty as before. NCLT's ("Non Circulating Legal Tender" coinage) were issued in a bewildering array to help stem the flow. This one honors the 90th Anniversary of Regaining Independence in 1918.
Recorded mintage: 10,000.
Specification: 15.5 g, .900 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-228; Y-653.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, John Kraljevich and Cris Chatigny, The January 2018 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Eldorado Collection of Colombian and Ecuadorian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- Poland 2007-MW 200 zlotych Fr-218 Polish Cavalry
- Poland 2007-MW 200 zlotych Fr-219 Joseph Conrad
- Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-221 29th Olympic Games in Beijing
- Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-224 Zbigniew Herbert
- Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-225 450 years of the Polish Postal Service
- Coins and currency dated 2008
- return to coins of Poland