Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-221
This specimen was lot 24683 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2018), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "POLAND. 200 Zlotych, 2008-MW. NGC PROOF-70 ULTRA CAMEO. 29th Olympic Games in Beijing. Hard mirror fields with frosted cameo devices. Brilliant and attractive." Poland obtained her freedom in the early 1990's with the fall of the Berlin Wall but the new government found the treasury as empty as before. NCLT's ("Non Circulating Legal Tender" coinage) were issued in a bewildering array to help stem the flow. This one honors the 29th Olympic Games in Beijing.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 15.5 g, .900 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-221; Y-647.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, John Kraljevich and Cris Chatigny, The January 2018 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Eldorado Collection of Colombian and Ecuadorian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- Poland 2007-MW 200 zlotych Fr-218 Polish Cavalry
- Poland 2008-MW 100 zlotych Fr-231 400th Anniversary of Polish Settlement in North America
- Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-224 Zbigniew Herbert
- Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-225 450 years of the Polish Postal Service
- Poland 2008-MW 200 zlotych Fr-228 90th Anniversary of Regaining Independence
- Coins and currency dated 2008
- return to coins of Poland