Poland 2006-MW 200 zlotych Fr-211
This specimen was lot 24679 in Stack's Bowers NYINC sale (New York, January 2018), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "POLAND. 200 Zlotych, 2006-MW. NGC PROOF-69 ULTRA CAMEO. 20th Torino Winter Olympics. No spots, tone, or fog. Brilliant and attractive." Poland obtained her freedom in the early 1990's with the fall of the Berlin Wall but the new government found the treasury as empty as before. NCLT's ("Non Circulating Legal Tender" coinage) were issued in a bewildering array to help stem the flow. This one honors the 20th Torino Winter Olympics.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 15.5 g, .900 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-211; KM-unlisted.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio, John Kraljevich and Cris Chatigny, The January 2018 NYINC Sale: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, featuring the Eldorado Collection of Colombian and Ecuadorian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2017.
- Poland 2005-MW 200 zlotych Fr-204 Konstanty Ildefons Galczynski
- Poland 2006-MW 100 zlotych Fr-215 500th Anniversary of Jan Laski's statute
- Poland 2006-MW 200 zlotych Fr-213 Piast horseman
- Poland 2007-MW 200 zlotych Fr-219 Joseph Conrad
- Poland 2007-MW 200 zlotych Fr-218 Polish Cavalry
- Coins and currency dated 2006
- return to coins of Poland