Poland 2005-MW 200 zlotych Fr-203
This specimen was lot 1886 in Goldberg sale 106 (Los Angeles, September 2018), where it sold for $630. The catalog description noted, "Poland. 200 Zlotych, 2005-MW. Quill pen. Reverse: Mikolaj Rej. NGC graded Proof 70 Ultra Cameo." Poland obtained her freedom in the early 1990's with the fall of the Berlin Wall but the new government found the treasury as empty as before. NCLT's ("Non Circulating Legal Tender" coinage) were issued in a bewildering array to help stem the flow. This one honors author and poet Mikolaj Rej (1505-69).
Recorded mintage: 3,600.
Specification: 15.5 g, .900 fine gold, 27 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: Y-889, Fr-203.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, John Lavender, Yifu Che, Jason Villareal and Stephen Harvey, Goldberg Sale 106: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2018.
- Poland 2004-MW 200 zlotych Fr-160 Polish eagle
- Poland 2005-MW 100 zlotych Fr-210 John Paul II
- Poland 2005-MW 200 zlotych Fr-205 end of World War II
- Poland 2006-MW 100 zlotych Fr-215 500th Anniversary of Jan Laski's statute
- Poland 2006-MW 200 zlotych Fr-211 20th Torino Winter Olympics
- Poland 2007-MW 200 zlotych Fr-219 Joseph Conrad
- Poland 2005-MW 200 zlotych Fr-204 Konstanty Ildefons Galczynski
- Coins and currency dated 2005
- return to coins of Poland