Philippines 1987 200 piso
This specimen was part of lot 34514 in Heritage sale 3049 (Long Beach, September 2016), which sold for $1,116.25. The catalog description noted, "World Wildlife Fund silver 25 Coin Set 1986-1988, 25th anniversary Coin Collection comprising 25 different coins depicting animals from 25 different countries. All coins Choice Cameo Proof. Set comes with COA for each coin and is housed in its original box. Total ASW 18.9491 oz." This NCLT was issued by the Philippines to honor the 25th anniversary of the World Wildlife Fund by featuring the elusive Mindoro buffalo, native to the region. This animal was also featured on the copper-nickel peso of the eighties.
Recorded mintage: 25,000 proofs.
Specification: 25 g, .925 fine silver, 38 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 248.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World Coin Auction 3049, featuring the Ohio Valley Collection, the Redwood Collection and the F.P. Briand Collection, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2016.
- Philippines 1983 piso Mindoro buffalo
- Cayman Islands 1987 5 dollars KM-95 parrot
- Falkland Islands 1987 50 pence king penguin
- Gambia 1987 20 dalasis colobus monkey
- Indonesia 1987 10000 rupiah babirusa
- Jersey 1987 2 pounds pigeons
- Mexico 1987 100 pesos Monarch butterfly
- Mongolia 1987 25 tugrik snow leopard
- Sierra Leone 1987 10 leones pygmy hippopotamus
- Thailand BE2530 200 baht fireback pheasant
- Coins and currency dated 1987
- return to coins of the Philippines