Peru 1810-L JP escudo
This coin was minted in Lima, Peru, of a type struck 1809-11 using the "imaginary bust." This specimen was lot 3509 in the Eliasberg sale, where it sold for $1,380. The catalog description noted, "1810 JP 1 escudo. Lima mint. VF-35 (NGC). Types as above. Medium yellow gold, tiny planchet flaw in right obverse field, some dirt trapped in reverse devices. A brief-lived type. From the John H. Clapp Collection; Clapp estate to Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr., 1942."
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 3.38 g, .875 fine gold, .095 troy oz AGW; this specimen: 3.36 grams, 18.70 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: Fr-47, KM 110.
- Kraljevich, John, John Pack, Elizabeth O. Piper and Frank Van Valen, The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr., Collection of World Gold Coins and Medals, Wolfboro, NH: American Numismatic Rarities, 2005.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 9th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2017.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- 1807 1 escudo
- 1808 2 escudos
- 1810 ¼ real
- 1810 ½ real
- 1810 real
- 1810 2 reales
- 1810 4 reales
- 1810 8 reales
- Colombia 1810-NR JF escudo
- Colombia 1810-P JF escudo
- 1810 4 escudos
- 1810 8 escudos
- 1811 2 escudos
- Coins and currency dated 1810
- other specimens in The Eliasberg Collection
- return to coins of Peru