Papal States 1769 zecchino Fr-240
This specimen was lot 24310 in Heritage sale 3020 (Long Beach, September 2012), where it sold for $1,175. The catalog description noted, "Papal States. Clement XIV gold Zecchino 1769 Year I, MS63 NGC, a choice lustrous coin with very sharp design features. Highly elusive in this superior quality." This type is recorded for 1769-73 and is also known as a ducat. A "sede vacante" issue is also known for 1769.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 3.45 g, .998 fine gold, .110 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: KM 1012, Fr-240, Ber-2928.
- Berman, Allen G., Papal Coins, South Salem, NY: Attic Books, 1991.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Tucker, Warren, and Cris Bierrenbach, Heritage Signature Auction 3020: World Coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2012.
- Papal States 1766 zecchino Fr-237
- Papal States 1769 grosso Clement XIV
- Papal States 1769 giulio sede vacante
- 1769 doppio giulio
- 1769 doppio giulio, sede vacante
- 1769 mezzo zecchino, Clement XIV
- 1769 zecchino, sede vacante
- 1770 zecchino
- Coins and currency dated 1769
- return to coins of the Papal States