Papal States (1735) grosso KM-856
This date is listed in the SCWC for 1735 only along with a design featuring St. Paul (KM 857). The grosso was five baiocchi or one twentieth of a scudo. Many varieties were issued in the 1730's.
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Specification: 1.34 g, silver, .917 fine.
Catalog reference: KM-856, Ber-2659.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Berman, Allen G., Papal Coins, South Salem, NY: Attic Books, 1991.
- (1729) grosso
- (1734) giulio
- 1735 baiocco, Gubbio mint
- (1735) grosso, St. Paul reverse
- 1735 giulio, ABVNDET IN GLORIAM DEI
- (1735) giulio, bust obverse
- (1735) giulio, arms obverse
- 1735 testone, St. Andrew Corsini
- 1735 testone URBE NOBILITATA
- 1734 testone QVAERITE VT ABVNDETIS
- 1735-H testone
- (1736) grosso
- Coins and currency dated 1735
- return to coins of the Papal States