Papal States (1735) giulio KM-858
This date is listed in the SCWC for 1735. This type comes dated and undated (shown here). The giulio was ten baiocchi or one tenth of a scudo. Many varieties were issued in the 1730's. Berman mentions eight different giulii with this reverse legend, some (2639, 2641, 2643, 2645) with the pope's bust and some (2640, 2642, 2644, 2646) with the pope's arms.
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Specification: 2.69 g, silver, .917 fine.
Catalog reference: KM-858, Ber-2641.
- Berman, Allen G., Papal Coins, South Salem, NY: Attic Books, 1991.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- (1734) giulio
- 1735 baiocco, Gubbio mint
- (1735) grosso, St. Peter reverse
- (1735) grosso, St. Paul reverse
- (1735) giulio, cartouche reverse
- 1735 giulio, ABVNDET IN GLORIAM DEI
- (1735) giulio, arms obverse
- 1735 testone, St. Andrew Corsini
- 1735 testone, URBE NOBILITATA in cartouche
- 1735 testone, URBE NOBILITATA in laurel wreath
- 1734 testone QVAERITE VT ABVNDETIS
- 1735-H testone
- (1736) giulio
- Coins and currency dated 1735
- return to coins of the Papal States