Nicaragua 1991-Mo cordoba
This specimen was part of lot 33837 in Heritage sale 3064 (Chicago, April 2018), which sold for $780. The catalog description noted, "Meeting of Two Worlds 500th Anniversary silver 14-Piece Proof Set 1992, A highly collectible set that was issued for the 500th anniversary of the founding of the "New World". Each issue is crown-sized, with the issuing countries being: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela. Sold with the original box of issue and display case." This NCLT was issued to honor the 500th anniversary of the discovery of America by Columbus. Many indigenous groups objected to the celebration, holding Columbus responsible for the ensuing destruction of native cultures.
Recorded mintage: 10,000, all proofs.
Specification: 27 g, .925 fine silver, 40 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 77.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach and Warren Tucker, Heritage World Coin Auction 3064, featuring the Doug Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2018.
- 1987 cordoba
- Argentina 1991 1000 australes Ibero-American
- Brazil 1991 500 cruzieros Ibero-American
- Bolivia 1991 10 bolivianos Ibero-American
- Chile 1991 10000 pesos Ibero-American
- Colombia 1991 10000 pesos Ibero-American
- Cuba 1991 10 pesos KM-337 Ibero-American
- Peru 1991 sol KM-302
- Coins and currency dated 1991
- return to Nicaragua