Naples and Sicily 1850 30 ducati Fr-866
"ITALY | Naples/Sicily, Ferdinando II. 1830-1859 30 Ducati 1850. Neapel. Fast vorzüglich. Kleine Kratzer und Randfehler. NGC AU Details. (kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Ferdinand II, 1830-59, thirty ducati of 1850, Naples mint. About extremely fine, Small scratches and edge nicks.)"This type was issued 1844-54 for Ferdinand II. These large gold coins were issued intermittently until 1856 and all are rare. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was annexed to Italy in 1860 but remains poor, backward and corrupt.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 37.87 g, .996 fine gold, 1.212 troy oz AGW, 35.5 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: Mont-684, MIR 487. Pag. 141. Fr-866, KM C157.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Richter, Jürg, Sincona sale 43, Gold and Silver Coins and Medals, Zurich: Sincona AG, 2017.