Naples and Sicily 1831 30 ducati Fr-866
"ITALIEN Napoli/Sicilia Ferdinando II. 1830-1859. 30 Ducati 1831, Napoli. Selten. Kl. Kr. Vorzüglich. (Italy, kingdom of Naples and Sicily, Ferdinand II, 1830-59, thirty ducati of 1831, Naples mint. Rare, cleaned, extremely fine.)"This type was issued 1831-35 for Ferdinand II. These large gold coins were issued intermittently until 1856 and all are rare. The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was annexed to Italy in 1860 but remains poor, backward and corrupt.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 37.87 g, .996 fine gold, 1.212 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-866, Pag. 130, Schl. 372, KM C157.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Fabrizi, Davide, Monete Italiane Regionale: Napoli, Pavia: Edizioni Numismatica Varesi, 2010.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, Banknotes & Books: Auction 9, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2012.