Naples and Sicily 1818 30 ducati Fr-855
This specimen was lot 30231 in Heritage sale 3037 (New York, January 2015), where it sold for $7,343.75. The catalog description noted, "Naples & Sicily. Ferdinando I gold 30 Ducati 1818 AU58 PCGS. A rather impressive one-year type featuring the crowned head of Ferdinando I and the standing figure of the Bourbon Genius. Possessing a crisp strike and with minor wear constrained only to the raised features, this coin is rare in both type and grade. Greatly appealing and worthy of a strong bid. From The Alexander Collection." This is a rare one year type.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 37.87 g, .996 fine gold.
Catalog reference: KM 288, Fr-855.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano, Warren Tucker and Scott Cordry, Heritage Signature Auction 3037, featuring the Empire, the Santa Catarina, the Law and the Santa Maria Collections, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2014.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.