Mexico 1861-C PV 8 reales
This specimen was lot 6231 in Ponterio sale 155 (Baltimore, November 2010), where it sold for $207. The catalog description noted, "MEXICO. Culiacan. 8 Reales, 1861-PV/E. From our sale #139, lot #168 where it hammered for $210. BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED." The Culiacan mint struck eight reales 1846-97 and this date is available tho not common. Mintmaster PV (shown here) is priced over double the other mintmaster for the year, CE.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 27.07 g, .903 fine silver, .786 troy oz ASW.
Catalog reference: KM 377.3, DP-Cn17.
- Ponterio, Richard, and Kent Ponterio, The November 2010 Baltimore Auction, Irvine, CA: Bowers and Merena, 2010.
- Krause, Chester L., and Colin R. Bruce II, Standard Catalog of World Coins: Spain, Portugal and the New World, Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2002.
- Dunigan, Mike, and J. B. Parker, Resplandores: Cap and Ray 8 Reales of The Republic of Mexico, 1823-1897, Beverly Hills, CA: Superior Stamp & Coin, 1997.
- Elizondo, Carlos A., Eight Reales and Pesos of the New World, San Antonio, TX: 1968.
- Raymond, Wayte, The Silver Dollars of North and South America, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1964.
- 1860-C 8 reales
- Sinaloa 1861 ¼ real
- Sonora 1861 ¼ real
- 1861-C ½ real
- 1861-Mo ½ real
- 1861-C real
- 1861-Mo real
- 1861-C 2 reales
- 1861-Mo 2 reales
- 1861-Mo 4 reales
- 1861-O 4 reales
- 1861-Ga 2 escudos
- 1861-Ga 8 escudos
- 1862-C 8 reales
- Coins and currency dated 1861
- return to Silver eight reales of Mexico, 1822-1897