Jersey 1987 2 pounds
This specimen was part of lot 34514 in Heritage sale 3049 (Long Beach, September 2016), which sold for $1,116.25. The catalog description noted, "World Wildlife Fund silver 25 Coin Set 1986-1988, 25th anniversary Coin Collection comprising 25 different coins depicting animals from 25 different countries. All coins Choice Cameo Proof. Set comes with COA for each coin and is housed in its original box. Total ASW 18.9491 oz." This NCLT was issued by Jersey to honor the 25th anniversary of the World Wildlife Fund by featuring pigeons.
Recorded mintage: 23,000 in copper-nickel plus 25,000 in silver.
Specification: KM 70a: 28.28 g, .720 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM 70 (copper-nicke), KM 70a (silver).
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of Scotland, Ireland and the Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Man & Lundy), Pre-Decimal Issues, 2nd edition, London: Spink & Son, 2003.
- Cristiano Bierrenbach, Warren Tucker and David Michaels, Heritage World Coin Auction 3049, featuring the Ohio Valley Collection, the Redwood Collection and the F.P. Briand Collection, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2016.
- Jersey 1986 pound KM-68 parish of St. Peter
- Cayman Islands 1987 5 dollars KM-95 parrot
- Falkland Islands 1987 50 pence penguins
- Gambia 1987 20 dalasis colobus monkey
- Indonesia 1987 10000 rupiah babirusa
- Mexico 1987 100 pesos Monarch butterfly
- Mongolia 1987 25 tugrik snow leopard
- Philippines 1987 200 piso Mindoro buffalo
- Sierra Leone 1987 10 leones pygmy hippopotamus
- Thailand BE2530 200 baht Siamese fireback pheasant
- Madagascar 1988 20 ariary lemur
- Coins and currency dated 1987
- return to coinage of Jersey