Italy 1883-R 100 lire
This specimen was lot 4137 in Goldberg sale 69 (Los Angeles, May, 2012), where it did not sell. The catalog description  noted, "Italy. 100 Lire, 1883-R. Umberto I. NGC graded AU-55." This rare type is listed for five dates during 1880-91. It was struck to the standard of a French hundred francs d'or.
Recorded mintage: 4,219.
Specification: 32.25 g, .900 fine gold, .933 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-18; KM-22; Mont-03, Pagani-569.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Goldberg, Ira, Larry Goldberg, Stephen Harvey and Paul Rynearson, Goldberg sale 69: the Pre-Long Beach Auction, Ancient and World Coins, Los Angeles: Goldberg Coins and Collectibles, 2012.