Italy 1810-M 20 lire
"20 Lire 1810. Mailand. Gutes sehr schön. (Italy, kingdom of Napoleon, twenty lire of 1810, Milan mint, good very fine.)"This coin was struck in Milan for Napoleon's kingdom of Italy which lasted 1804-1814. The twenty lire piece matched the French twenty francs and was struck in limited numbers 1808-14. Its larger sister, the forty lire piece, is much more often encountered. The silver five lire was struck in Milan, Venice and Bologna.
Recorded mintage: 114,000.
Specification: 6.45 g, .900 fine gold, .186 troy oz AGW, this specimen 6.42 g.
Catalog reference: Pag. 20, Schl. 16, Fr-7, KM 11.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Gigante, Fabio, Gigante 2016: Catalogo Nazionale delle Monete Italiano Dal '700 All'Euro, 24a ed. Varese, Italy, 2015.
- Montenegro, Eupremio, Montenegro 2015: Manuale del Collezionista di Monete Italiane, 30 ed., Torino, Italy: Montenegro s.a.s., 2014.
- Numismatic Coins, Medals, & Banknotes: Auction 18, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2014.